Monday, January 27, 2014

Sentimental Kitchen Art & Amazing Carpet Cleaner

Happy Monday! I hope you guys had an excellent weekend! I worked on a few projects myself, when I had some spare time, and thought I would share. First off, our home was built in the 70's, it's in great shape and I love the openness we have, but it just needs some "cosmetic" updates. The original owners had a massive old brown stove that we replaced with our own white flat top. So, naturally the range hood is brown as well, but one thing I had never seen was this brown metal panel splash guard. I've hated the brown since I laid eyes on it.
 
Before:
Yuck! After a year of looking at it, its time was up. I will be painting that range hood soon as well.
 
After:
Much better! The hood is wider than my stove, so I used the stove for my measurements
instead of the hood to center my art.

For the art, I  bought cheap 4x6 wood frames, and sprayed them with Krylon spray paint.

I sanded down the edges and high points, then dry brushed some gray craft paint over them for an aged look. I cut some scrapbook paper to size, and taped hand written recipes from my Grandmother and Aunt (both which raised me), and hung them up! These make my heart smile.
 


 
I also wanted to share with you guys a product I found at Home Depot that has stolen my heart. We have quite a bit of ivory carpet in our home, not sure how long its been down. When we first moved in I was super impressed with how well it had been taken care of, with few spots. Over time some spots have appeared, which I know can sometimes happen after carpet cleaning. I had tried Hot Shot, Baking Soda and Vinegar, etc, etc, with no luck. I finally decided to try out a product called Folex  I read about it on a blog I follow called, Owen Family 6 . This stuff is AWESOME!
 
Before:
Eww, I had no idea how long these spots had really been there.
 
 After:
Folex worked almost immediately with no harsh smells or chemicals. People, I crawled around my house for almost 2 hours cleaning every spot I could find, big or small. It removed shoe polish and wood stain (don't ask), Woot Woot! A gallon sized container was only $15.00!
 
I hope you all have a great Monday! Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to comment!
-Charity
 
Linked to:
 
 
Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook for updates!
 



21 comments:

  1. Love your frames and they look fabulous behind the stove. The Folex sounds amazing. I need to buy some of that stuff. Thanks for the heads up. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Love your blog, Marty! Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete
  2. Your wall art looks great! What kind of paint did you use to paint the brown (coppertone) panel? With your framed recipes, you can't tell it's there at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm going to write the name of that carpet cleaner down! I have ivory colored carpet upstairs and could really use a good carpet cleaner. We just had them professionally cleaned last week, so it already looks a million times better. But I'm sure there will be spots in the future. There always is with carpet. Your range hood will look good repainted to match the stove. I bet you can just take it down and use spray paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been super happy with the carpet results, and every upholstered piece tried so far. I love freshly cleaned carpet! I bet your right about simply spray painting the range hood, and that would be way easier!

      Delete
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I need to use this product for a carpet!

    Happy day to you friend!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've since used this product on a grease stain on my scrub top and a mud spot on a wool coat, and had the same awesome results! It won't disappoint!

      Delete
  5. Carpet cleaned and kitchen art done - The result is amazing! You know how to make your day very productive. But between the two chores, the most rewarding is the carpet cleaning. A carpet is really a great addition to one's home, but it’s quite challenging cleaning-wise. Even if there are a lot of ways to clean them -- like hiring a cleaning services, natural ways like vinegar and etc, and products that’s available in the market -- it can still be overwhelming at times. I’m glad you found the method that works best for you. At least cleaning your carpets will be less of your problem now.

    David @ OrientalRugCleaningStudio.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by David, I'm so glad I found this awesome cleaning product to share with my readers!

      Delete
  6. Good job on cleaning the stains off your carpet! Have you ever considered getting your carpet professionally cleaned? Removing stains is one thing, keeping your carpet free of dust and germs is another. Thanks for sharing!

    Eleanor Estrada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! My carpet actually has been professionally cleaned recently, but with 3 men in the house spots happen.

      Delete
  7. Amazing carpet cleaning! Probably you have a good knowledge and skill to remove stains in carpet. You don't need an expert hand to do it. I also consider that product is good. Keep posting a helpful tips to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynjoy for the kind words and for visiting!

      Delete
  8. Nice post with great details. I really appreciate your info. Thanks for sharing carpet cleaner And I get more information for here. In future I hope you will provide same related blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do plan on keeping my blog going in the same direction, as long as I have awesome followers!

      Delete
  9. I get contented to see this selective information. dryer vent cleaning ashburn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get contented to see this selective information. http://planetmaids.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was on rummage around for the sites related to provide good information, so I came up to your site. Check This Out

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that’s amazing! It really does remove those harsh stains and dirt that stays in the carpet. I would definitely try it when it’s time to do some general carpet cleaning. Anyway, I hope you go ahead with your ideas on doing a little makeover for your kitchen. Keep on sharing your ideas, I would really love to learn more. Cheers!

    Nathan Riley @ SteemerAtlanta

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for this spot carpet cleaning tip! I've tried all kinds of home cleaners but they haven't worked. To be honest though the only way I have found to get my carpets really cleaned is by using a professional carpet cleaning company. The carpets are deep cleaned, all stains removed and are hygienically clean. It's well worth the money.

    Bennie Dixon @ Safeclean Wandsworth

    ReplyDelete