Saturday, November 23, 2013

DIY Holiday Goodies

Last year I made roughly 75 different ornaments/crafts for the local art shop I've mentioned in previous posts, that a dear friend of mine owns. It was her first year open for the Holidays, so I worked my fingers to death creating and loved every minute of it! I think I worked them overtime, because I haven't made any this year! I thought I would share some of them with you, to hopefully inspire you to create some pretties this year.
 
 
Cute cupcake ornaments,  made with foil cupcake liners glued to red bulb ornaments, covered in glitter with a red glittered cherry.


Painted clothespin snowmen, that are oh so sweet to use as fillers.
 

Decorated wooden stockings and mittens
 

2x4 snowman shelf sitters, these were a big hit used as snowman families!


Hand painted glass bulbs filled with fake snow and kosher salt.
 

Aren't these little wooden kitchen spoons sweet!
 

Wooden gingerbread men, fabric covered spools, and waterless snow globes. These snow globes were one of my favorites, they look vintage so of course I loved them!
 

 I believe these were my absolute favorite, and a huge seller, the "Melted Snowman"! I used kosher salt as the melted body, pepper corns for eyes and buttons, added a little piece of fabric for Frosty's scarf, and a baked Sculpey clay nose shaped like a carrot. I also added clear glitter to make it sparkle next to the tree lights! Sculpey clay can be purchased at Hobby Lobby and is super easy to work
with, I just followed the directions on the package. Easy Peasy!
 
There you have it friends! I hope these ideas help you along with your Holiday crafting!
-Charity

Linked to:Savvy Southern Style
 Liz Marie Blog
 
 
I always enjoy reading your comments, remember to follow me on
Facebook and Instagram, and Thank You for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment