Saturday, November 30, 2013

DIY Shutter Coat Shelf

Hello all! I hope you guys had an awesome Thanksgiving with family, and surely by now you are recovering from the "turkey coma" you placed yourself in! Recently I blogged about a coat shelf I made here, and used the same assembly for mine. My back entry is used most and winds up being a catch all for shoes and outerwear, so after tackling Jordan's shelf I decided we needed one as well.  Here's a look at my beauty!


I found a few closet doors at an awesome price over the summer at a yard sale, and decided to use one of those. I simply cut the door to the length needed with my chop saw and connected the reclaimed wood top with my pocket jig tool. Super easy!
 
 
I've said it before, the jig kit is a wonderful purchase for your tool collection. I stayed bundled up even inside, it was super cold out, so I just couldn't get warm!
 
 
 
Once again,  Hobby Lobby never disappoints in the knob department, or any other for that matter!
 
Thank you guys for stopping by and supporting me and the blog!
 
 
 
Remember to like Dandelion Farmhouse on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I Think your shelf turned out great. I like the knobs also I think they set it off. Haven't got a kreg jig yet but it's on my list. O just now getting over the turkey coma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm very much enjoying the shelf. Glad you came out of the coma! Thank you for reading!

      Delete