Sunday, October 27, 2013

Every Letter Counts!

Hello All! I have been on a search for coasters recently but, just wasn't into spending $25-$40 on the ones I had seen (that I liked). I'm too much of a bargain hunter for those price tags! I love all the neat Scrabble craft pretties I've been seeing lately. I found a Scrabble game at Goodwill recently and decided I would make some coasters! This was a super simple project, and they add a lot of interest to my living room end tables! As my base I used cork coasters which I found at Hobby Lobby priced at $3 for 6. Score!
 
 
I used E600 to adhere the tiles to the cork, then trimmed the coasters to size. After allowing 24 hours to dry I then sprayed 3 coats of Krylon clear spray paint to seal them from moisture. Doesn't get much easier than that, right?
 
 
 
Here's a picture of the cork coaster base trimmed.
 
 
 
I didn't have enough tiles to make words, but I love them just the same without! I did use some tiles and holders to sit around the house for fun. Pretty cute for $5, donthca think!
 
 
One for the living room and.....
 
One for the kitchen!
 
Thanks for stopping by, hope you all have a great week!
-Charity
 
  
Linked to: Savvy Southern Style-Wow Us Wednesdays
 Liz Marie Blog



I always enjoy reading your comments, remember to follow me on
Facebook and Instagram, and Thank You for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute! Im gonna have to do it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try them! They've been an attention grabber at my house!

      Delete