Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I Stained It!

After months of debate, I finally took the plunge to stain the kitchen table top. I wasn't sure if I wanted to paint, stain, or leave it raw. Like I said in the previous post, it was feeling too "Beachy" in it's raw form. I must say, I do love it way better stained. My intentions were to go lighter, but am so glad I chose dark (due to the fact I was out of Minwax Special Walnut, and I'm too impatient).
 
I'm showing you the after first.....since I love it so!

Also glad I chose dark so the color doesn't blend with the trim.
 

Before: In it's raw form. I was also afraid to use it this way, in fear of staining the unfinished wood. I decided that was no way to live, so it had to go.
 

 

The color difference between the chair seats doesn't bother me at all, since it's in the same family.
 
Hope you guys have a great Tuesday!
-Charity
 
Linked to: Liz Marie Blog
 
Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook!

6 comments:

  1. Paint, stain, or leave it raw? Well, the dark stain was definitely the way to go. It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I "eye it" every time I walk by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the darker finish better. It's always a good idea to have something not just look good but be practical too. I think you got this one right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a 10 year old boy in the house, practical is the only way to go, as you know. Thank you so much Kelly!

      Delete
  4. I think the dark stain looks great. Love the contrast between the dark top and the lighter color legs and frame. I think you did good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I doubted it at first but, pushed myself to do it anyway. Glad I followed my gut!

      Delete