Sunday, November 10, 2013

Cute Farmy Frames

Hey guys, hope your weekend hasn't been too speedy. Today I'm sharing with you all some frames I made recently. I'm sure you've seen these around the blog world and even Pinterest, I know I have. These were so simple to make, I used sanded 1" furring strips from Home Depot, mixing the widths randomly and attached them together with a plank at the top and bottom with 1 1/4" screws. These were assembled the same way as my kitchen shutters posted here. I like to use saw tooth hooks as long as the weight of the piece I'm hanging will work. 
 
Here is the frame assembled and ready to paint or stain! I chose to paint 4 of mine and stain 1, just to keep it more interesting.
 
 
I used acrylic craft paint, it dries fast and that's a plus for us "impatient crafters". I sanded the edges of my frames after allowing the paint to dry completely, and lightly stained the edges just to give them an aged look.
 
 

I added these clips I found at Target in the office supplies section with E6000 glue, which can be found at any craft store and even Wal-Mart. This glue is awesome for simple home projects, it dries clear and has a super strong hold.
 
 
Here is another option, a magnetic acrylic fridge frame. I removed the magnet and first attached it with E6000, then used washers and screws to add interest.

To change out the photo I did have to loosen the screw a bit, but I love the look enough to go to the extra step!
 
Easy Peasy, finished frame wall! There are tons of ways to use these frames, for photos as shown, in a kitchen for recipes, in an office for a memo pad, etc. You could also add a dowel to the back for standing.
 
Get to crafting all!
 -Charity

Linking to: Savvy Southern Style, Liz Marie Blog
&
Miss Mustard Seed



I always enjoy reading your comments, remember to follow me on
Facebook and Instagram, and Thank You for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment