Monday, November 11, 2013

Hanging Some Plates

I've had a few people ask me how I hang my plates, so I thought I would show my kitchen nook plate wall to you guys. I knew when we moved into this house I wanted to incorporate a plate wall somewhere, and thankfully I had a wall between the nook and dining room that was perfect! The search began, it took many trips over the next 3 months to Marshall's, Home Goods, and Target...which I wouldn't dream of complaining about. All these stores had great prices on white plates, and they weren't all the usual ones I was seeing everywhere.
 
 
I'm loving this wall now!
 
 
I chose to hang my plates with standard wire plate hangers. I did opt to use drywall screws instead of the supplied hanging piece that comes with most hangers. Since it did take me a while to find all of these beauties I wasn't risking a crash and burn episode.
 
 
You can see here how far the screw had to be out from the wall, the supplied hanger wasn't letting the plates lay flat against the wall.
 
 
Here are a couple of my favorite ones.....this one isn't perfectly round so of course it drew my attention.
 

A cute little coral designed plate adds some interest too.
 

Let me just say, when I saw this "royal" plate, I may have let out a low "Eeeek". I rushed over to it, just in case someone else was thinking they liked it too. I can't be the only person to act this way when I see something I have to have, right?
 

Just another pretty shot!
 
 
One last view, as you enter the nook area from the kitchen. As you can see, I still haven't gotten those chairs painted! I know....I know, get busy, right! That little tree is still in progress, gotta get some more utensils together.
 
P.S. That little gold box is our Ceil Heat dial, being a child of the 80's, I had never heard of Ceil Heat before this house. It serves it's purpose, but not good on the wallet.
 
Thanks for the looks!
-Charity
 

 
 
I always enjoy reading your comments, remember to follow me on
Facebook and Instagram, and Thank You for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tammy! I've become quiet the addict to pretty white plates, pitchers, really any dish type in white!

      Delete