Sunday, November 17, 2013

Vintage Ladder Tree

I've been busy working on some Christmas decorating in the dining room today. Last year I wanted to have a wooden ladder tree, but waited too late to figure out I did, so I was determined to have one this year. I found my 6ft ladder at a little "junk shop" down the street from my house for $15 (thanks to my Papaw for working his "deal magic", they asked me $25!). I chose to use mostly red and white this year for my Christmas decorations, so I carried that to the dining room too, plus a few vintage finds.



2013 Wooden Ladder Tree
 
I used 300 mini white lights and just randomly wrapped them around the corners to help keep them in place. I strung this popcorn last year for our regular tree, and thought it would be super 
cute to use it along with the burlap garland, then topped it with a sunburst twig
wreath and a driftwood birdhouse (that actually used to be an ornament). 
 
 
Here's the side view, I sat some fabric covered present boxes on the steps to add
some interest, and try to keep my cat (Spooks) off of it, she loves climbing!
 
 
And some little mason jar light covers, aren't they so stinkin' sweet?
 
 
This black and white vintage Santa ornament was found at my local Ace Hardware. I'm pretty sure it's not standard for them all to have tons, I mean TONS of beautiful Christmas decorations, but luckily mine does! I always try to hit them up for after Christmas sales too.
 
 

I just loved these old horse ornaments and remember my grandmother having
some similar, so I of course had to have them.
 
 
Leaving you with one last view without overhead lights on. I'm so happy I decided to add
this tree to my home this year, it's definitely a good change. Have you decorated for the Holidays yet?
 
-Charity
 
Linking to:Liz Marie Blog
 
 
 
I always enjoy reading your comments, remember to follow me on
Facebook and Instagram, and Thank You for stopping by!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment